Ticket #36 (closed defect: fixed)
Velocities do not 'tick' correctly
|Reported by:||knowknowledge||Owned by:||knowknowledge|
All velocities should move sprites based on the time since the last 'tick' in a way that creates the same illusion of speed regardless of the framerate.
Currently, slower framerates cause movement to be much slower than normal. This means that ships turn jerkily and weapons do not fire as far on slower systems.
While we should try to avoid low framerates caused by slow algorithms, many systems will run at below maximum framerates. It is important to have the same gameplay regardless.
- Owner changed from somebody to chris
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Milestone changed from 0.2.0 to 0.3.0
comment:11 Changed 3 years ago by gsweeney
- Owner changed from chris to gsweeney
- Status changed from assigned to accepted